Do you know how to spot the difference between termite damage and wood rot? Being able to spot the sights of a termite infestation is the first step toward termite damage repair.
It’s common for homeowners and business owners to discover they have termites when the damage has already been done. Termite damage can cause major structural and foundational issues. It doesn’t matter how big the damage from termites; it will likely warrant repair.
When you need termite damage repair, you need the right specialist in Jacksonville, Florida. Ratchet Roach has years of experience with termite damage repair. Call us today, and we can help you get back to normal.
Common Signs of Termite Damage
You should be aware of the many common signs of termite damage. Spotting these signs will help ensure you get the termite treatment you need before the damage becomes substantial. Even minor damage requires termite damage repair, however.
If you have a termite infestation and termite damage in your home or business, you might notice the following:
- • Droppings – Just like with any other pest, you will notice droppings. These are tiny, but if you know what they look like, you’ll be able to spot them quickly. It’s called frass, and it looks like a large mound with pellets less than a millimeter in size.
• Bodies – You might even spot some dried-out termite bodies. If you do, this is a sign you need to call termite specialists.
• Hollow Wood – Termites are very small, but they can hollow out wood fast in swarms. They consume it from the inside out and create tiny tunnels.
• Blistered Wood – When termites eat up the wood, they may cause wood blistering. This is due to the moisture that gets into the tunnels they create. It can get worse and worse with termites.
• Warped Windows and Doors – It’s easy to assume a warped window or door is caused by humidity or moisture. This might be the case, but it can also be a sign of termite damage.
• Mud Tubes – If you notice mud tubes on the exterior of your walls, this is a telltale sign of a termite infestation.
• Discarded Wings – You will likely notice discarded wings from swarmers. These wings might be around window sills or door frames.
• Head Banging Sound – Hearing the sound of head banging inside your walls can be a sign of termites. They make this type of noise when they are working on eating up the wood or moving through the wood.
There are several common signs of termites. These are just a few of the most common.
Getting Termite Damage Repaired
Of course, if you notice any of these signs, having a specialist inspect your property for termites is the first step. You will likely need treatment to get rid of the infestation. Once that is completed, you will need termite damage repair services.
Even when termites are treated before major structural damage occurs, enough damage can be done to require repair. Without repair, you could end up with major issues. The ceiling could fall in, or you could have a portion of the flooring collapse.
You might even notice issues with your furniture, walls, or carpet. When termites get into your home, it can take as much as three years to notice the damage. Make sure you hire professionals to handle your termite damage repair in Jacksonville.
Let Us Handle Your Termite Damage Repair
At Ratchet Roach, we provide all the termite services you need. We can help get rid of the termites and repair the damage. If you think you might have termites, call us today!
The Benefits of Professional Pest Control Services
Eliminating pests from your home is an essential step in keeping your family healthy and protecting your property, furniture, and belongings. It also plays a significant role in avoiding damage to food items, furnishings, and belongings. Professional pest control...
How to Identify Signs of a Pest Infestation in Your Home or Business
One of the best ways to safeguard your home or business is to be able to detect any pest infestation signs and take action to stop it from spreading. This way, you can take proactive measures and stop the infestation from taking hold. Many pests, particularly rodents,...
How is Pest Control Used to Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are no fun. Whether they have infiltrated your home or business, they are one of the most annoying pests to deal with. They are harder to get rid of than most other pests, too. With many pests, the right pesticide can be applied and you can get rid of them...
Common Rodents to be Concerned About in Jacksonville
When you live in Jacksonville, you have plenty of rodents you should be concerned with. Whether you're running a business or worried about an infestation at home, it's smart to know what to look for. Let's look at some of the most common rodents found throughout the...
5 Tips to Keep Your Home Free of Fleas
Fleas are no fun to deal with and they are hard to get rid of. It's easier to keep your home free of fleas than to deal with them once you get them. If you're a pet owner, you might have experienced dealing with fleas. They bite, they make your pets miserable, and...
3 Things to Know About Mosquitoes Around Your Home
When you want to do your best to prevent mosquitoes around your home, it's a good idea to understand them better. There are several things you should know about mosquitoes around your home. Let's look at the three main things to understand about these pesky biting...